07 August, 2006

Being sociable

Seem to have been out and about more than usual this week. Between doing a bit of computer consultancy on the side, dinner with colleagues and meeting friends in town I've been out far more than I've been in, which is unusual for me.

Sunday Lisa & I took in an exhinition at Kettle's Yard in Cambrigde called "Lines of Enquiry: thinking through drawing" which featured drawings done in the course of their work by a whole range of professionals; from the obvious architects and product designers, through surgeons and astronomers to geneticists and mathemeticians. The drawings themselved ranged from purely functional diagrams and charts to polished final artwork. I felt that the functional items and the private rough workings displayed gave more insight to the subject than the more finished, public items. Well worth a visit!

No comments: